At AppJourney we respect your privacy and the trust you have placed in us by using NextThere.
NextThere does not collect any identifiable information about you or your travel patterns. However, it does send information over the Internet to NextThere's servers for the purpose of retrieving real-time information, potentially including the point you wish to travel from, and we are mindful that such information can be both sensitive and private.
We want to be totally transparent about how we treat your information.
What we won't do
- We will never collect or transit information about your identity unless you deliberately share it with us
- We will never associate your location or use of the app with your identity
- We will never share any information collected about users with third parties, unless compelled to do so under New South Wales law
- We will never attempt to identify users based on any information we do collect
- We will not retain records for a period of time longer than we deem necessary to ensure the security and reliability of our infrastructure
- We will not require you to share any identifiable information with us in order to subscribe
What we will do
- We will only store records on servers physically located within Australia
- We will endeavour to encrypt all communications sent over the Internet that may contain sensitive information
- We may store records relating to requests sent to our servers, which may include stops you have added and your destination suburb, for the purposes of server monitoring and diagnostics
- We may collect aggregate non-identifiable statistics on the use of NextThere, including but not limited to the most commonly requested data, how often the app is used, the number of active users and the number of requests sent to our servers
- We may securely share anonymous location information with Mapbox for the purpose of determining new roads and traffic conditions. You may opt out of this data collection at any time without penalty.